Husbands look away! It’s time to launch #ManCrushMonday on Pink Suburbia! For my first #MCM, I wanted to set things off with a man who ticks all of the boxes. After a long, hard think (and an extensive google images search, of course), I came to the not-so-difficult conclusion. Guardian of the Galaxy (and my heart), CHRIS PRATT!
Here are my reasons why:
Reason 1: He’s Handsome (DUH!)
Let’s start with the obvious one shall we? Yes, Chris Pratt is a looker. There’s something about him, he has a bit of that old Hollywood, leading man charm. classically handsome, muscles in all the right places, and he knows how to smize (Smile with his eyes, for anyone who’s not aware of the terminology!).
Guys want to be him, girls want to be with him (and some guys too!), so he’s physically appealing to everyone in some way!
Reason 2: He Used To Be a Fatty
Not too long ago, when Chris looked in the mirror, he didn’t see those guns and pecs and abs. It was all man-boobs and beer-belly. If you watched him on Parks & Recreation, you’d never imagine he would one day become the action star he is now.
That’s not to say he was unattractive! I thought he was a cutie even with the extra pudge! Even his wife, Scary Movie’s Anna Faris preferred him when he had a little bit more meat on his bones. But his transformation has done wonders for his career, so I don’t see him going back to his chubby ways anytime soon.
Reason 3: He’s Funny
The main reason why he’s my crush is not just because of his looks (although he’s gorgeous, so it’s a big part of it!). As well as being insanely handsome, he’s got a great personality to match and his comedic timing is always on point. Whether it be scripted or improvised, if it’s comedy you’re after he’s the man to deliver it.
I’m a big fan of his improvised lines on Parks, especially because he has a dirty sense of humour that I can appreciate. If you want to see his inappropriate jokes, check out some bloopers on YouTube. I found this one quite amusing (although very naughty!).
Fun Facts About Chris Pratt
- Chris’ big break came when he was discovered in a shrimp restaurant in Hawaii where he worked as a waiter.
- Before he was discovered, he went through some hard times, and was actually living in a van with Scooby-Doo painted on the side. Random!
- Before marrying Anna Faris, he was involved with none other than Emily Thorne from Revenge (real name Emily VanCamp)
- Chris and Anna grew up in the same city, twenty minutes away from each other, but only met when they starred in a movie together in 2009.
- While trying to get a genuine reaction from Amy Poehler in an episode of Parks, Pratt got completely naked in front of her. NBC sent him a letter reprimanding him for his actions (which he now has framed in his office). Just one more reason to love him!
If for some strange, inexcusable reason you still aren’t convinced, Just watch this gif on loop for 5 minutes until you change your mind: