It’s officially the first week of October, which can only mean one thing: the new season of Supernatural is about to start! After years of being behind, I spent the last few weeks finally catching up on this fantastic series, and as a result, surrendered myself to the lovable, crush-worthy Jensen Ackles!
On the show he plays bad boy Dean Winchester, the rebellious older brother with an appetite for demon killing, fast food and internet porn. Which basically means he ticks all the right boxes!
Over the years, I’ve seen a lot of cast interviews and behind the scenes specials, and it appears that as the show progressed, the line between Dean and Jensen continued to blur, and art started to imitate life. Jensen (and Dean) seems to be the life of the party. He’s often pranking his co-stars and pulling faces to camera, which make him absolutely adorable!
The only disappointing thing about Jensen is his lack of on-screen shirtlessness. I’ve managed to dig up a few shots, although the internet is mostly filled with Sam/Dean gay fan fiction. Do people not realize they are brothers!? I’ve managed to find a few though… even if he’s pulling faces:
Anyhow, Take a look at the lovely Jensen Ackles in all his glory! He’s handsome, funny and manly as hell, in a demon-hunter kind of way!
Fun Facts About Jensen Ackles
- Before Supernatural, he had a season-long arc on Smallville as Clark Kent’s love rival (Both were after the affection of Lana Lang).
- But don’t worry, in real life he got along very well with
ClarkTom Welling, they even became golf buddies!
- Jensen began a modelling career at the ripe old age of 2. In the 90’s he took part in a cringey cowboy photoshoot. Yikes! I love him too much to post the pictures, but Google away, people!
- As well as being a natural in front of the camera, He’s also taken to directing a few episodes of Supernatural.
- You’d think being hot and a model would have made him very popular in school, but such was not the case: “When I was in middle school, some of my so-called friends found a catalog ad I did for Superman pajamas. They made as many copies as they could and pasted them up all over school.”