If like me you tune into The X Factor on a weekly basis, you will hopefully appreciate this week’s Man Crush Monday… Olly Murs!
As much as I loved Dermot O’Leary on a Saturday & Sunday night, I have to say, cheeky chappy Olly Murs is a welcome replacement. His flirtatious banter with Caroline Flack and occasional word vomit have kept me entertained since August, so I think this week he deserves a little attention!
Since 2009 (yes 2009!), Olly Murs has been gracing us with his presence on radio and television alike. As one of the most successful X Factor runner-ups, his career has gone from strength to strength, including 4 UK number one singles, a few (minor) successes in the US, and now his presenting role on The X Factor has brought him full circle.
Essex boy at heart, one of the things I like about Olly is how genuine and ‘normal’ he seems. I can imagine him having a pint in a pub with the lads, or enjoying a curry takeaway while watching I’m A Celebrity with the missus. I may be wrong, but I like to imagine him as a typical British boy next door. Except when he’s stripping down into a questionable thong on stage of course:
As well as a great, positive attitude, a I am extremely jealous of the Troublemakers closet, and would like to spend an hour or so in there with him… Picking out clothes for myself of course! Although for you to really appreciate his dress sense, you will have to look elsewhere because most of the pictures in this post feature very little clothing.
Fun Facts About Olly Murs
- Olly has a twin brother, but they are estranged, because Olly missed his wedding because due to The X Factor in 2009.
- In 2007 he appeared on Deal or No Deal and went on to win a WHOPPING £10! (I’m sure his X Factor money doesn’t even compare!).
- Despite his very successful and lucrative pop career, Olly continued to live with his parents until 2012 (three years after his run on The X Factor).
- Before finding fame, Mr. Murs worked in a call centre and was part of a band called Small Town Blaggers.
- During that time, he auditioned for The X Factor twice, failing on both occasions!
And there you have it, everything you need to know about Olly Murs, along with some skin-flashing images to perk up your Monday! Be careful when looking at these pictures, as they may cause your heart to skip a beat… (See what I did there? :-P)