To mark the return of Man Crush Monday, I’ve picked a SUPER man to save the day!
As I’ve mentioned before, Superman is my absolute favourite superhero! I love all his incarnations, although I am especially fond of Tom Welling’s Smallville Clark Kent. And just like the rest of the world, I am eagerly anticipating the latest installment of the Man of Steel franchise, Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice.
Current Superman and British heartthrob Henry Cavill is quite easily the sexiest, manliest Kal El we’ve had so far (sorry Dean Cain!). He’s just so ruggedly handsome and… furry. He’s definitely a welcome break from the clean cut, smooth and muscular goody-two -shoes we normally get from the DC hero, and Henry is to thank for that, seeing as he fought for his right to go all-natural!
Mr. Cavill has starred in some great films and television series, long before becoming the Man of Steel on the big screen. With films such as Immortals and The Man From U.N.C.L.E, he’s more than proved his leading man status in Hollywood.
As he prepares for his role in the first Justice League film, Henry took to Instagram to share his strenuous (and shirtless) workout, almost breaking the internet in the process:
Glad to see he is taking his fitness so seriously!
Fun Facts About Henry Cavill
- We may know him as Superman, but according to Twilight author Stephenie Meyer, she always envisioned him as the only actor who could pull off Edward Cullen (No one tell R-Patz!). But by the time production had started he was too old to play 17.
- For a brief period in 2013, he dated nerd bait Kaley Cuoco (Penny from the Big Bang Theory). The two were papped together non-stop for two weeks before it all ended!
- Unsurprisingly, Henry is a big fan of rugby and used to be a skilled player. Sadly, he had to give up the sport due to injuries.
- 2013’s Man of Steel wasn’t his first attempt at wearing the red cape. He came very close to playing the part in the 2006 film Superman Returns, but the part eventually went to Brendan Routh.
- Henry is really good with his tongue… He speaks fluent English, French, Spanish and Italian (get your minds out of the gutters people!).
And to bring to a close another sexy #ManCrushMonday, here’s a wet Henry to cool you down: